Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lots of updates...

Ever so sorry that it has taken me so long to update. It's Scott's last week of school and things have been nutty around here to say the least.

I am over my cold, so that's good, and the biggest announcement of all is LIVIE TOOK A BOTTLE OF FORMULA!!! With being sick my supply went down and she was pretty grumpy. I offered her a bottle with a really fast flow nipple and she sucked it down! For those of you not in the know, Livie has been rejecting the idea of formula for several months, much to my chagrin. Since she is intolerant to milk proteins at this time (Jack was too, but outgrew it by a year), I can't have ANY dairy while nursing her. Nothing. Not so much as a pat of butter has passed my lips in 8 months (along with all the other stuff that she can't handle like onions, garlic, broccoli, cabbage, spicy food...anything with flavor...I know what you're thinking, "what does she eat?" Lots of soy!). So this is a good step for me and the whole weaning process. She's been getting at least one bottle of formula for the past 3 days and things are still going well! I can almost taste the cheese...ahh...

On Saturday the whole family got together at my parents house and worked on restoring a playhouse that 2 generations of kids have played in. Generation #3 is getting VERY excited about the idea of having a whole house to themselves (which has been renamed a '"clubhouse" because apparently a "playhouse" is too girly for the 3 boys who are going to be playing in it shortly). So that took up an entire Saturday, with more work to come.

On Sunday Scott planned a belated Mother's Day present for me that included a good lunch at Red Robin and lots of kid free time so that was fun. We were both in the mood to shop, but of course couldn't find anything to buy...I hate that!

Last night Scott had a softball game at church so the kiddos and I hung out there for a few hours. I think that officially brings everyone up to date on the posts I missed :) This morning Scott's car wouldn't start so he had to take mine :( I hate not having a car!! Even if there is no where I need to go, I just feel trapped knowing I'm stuck!!! Hopefully the car will start soon so I can have mine back.

Well, I hear the last strands of the "Super Why" theme song which means my time is almost up. Enjoy the day where ever you are!

3 comments:

The Cooks said...

Three cheers for Livie!! You may finally get your life back (okay, well part of it at least.)

Anonymous said...

so, what is going to be on your plate for your first "real" meal?

The Millers said...

First real meal...I have a whole list of foods that sound great!! But I think I'll stick with some cajun/creole food and maybe a really good dessert...I'm sure I'll come up with a weekend binge of excellent dairy laden food! With onions and garlic too! Maybe even some caffeine if I'm feeling naughty...