Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I am the mother of a boy...

Jack and I were working on the computer and I took a cute pic of us...

Later that day he comes from the bathroom looking like this...

Thankfully that is a clean pull up on his head. We asked him why there was a pull up on his head. He said "because I love it". I am the mother of a boy...Lord help me.

In other news, Livie has strep throat!! I took her to the doc on Monday and she had this weird rash, a temp for several days and was not eating. Doc says "rashes are common with fevers" (never experienced that before!) and that he would do a strep test, but he was pretty sure it was "just a virus and it will take time to clear it" (which is what I thought so I didn't take her to the doc on Friday). Five minutes later he's back with a script for Amoxicillin and a sheepish look. It was strep, and apparently kiddos often get rashes with strep too...who knew? Anyway, she no longer has a fever, her spots are all gone, she's not contagious and she's finally starting to play and act like Livie again. She's been eating maybe 2 oz at a time and waking up twice a night to eat for the last 5 days or so, but last night and this morning I got her to eat a full 6 oz bottle. Granted, that took several attempts and 30 minutes, but it worked. So hopefully she will sleep better tonight. Scott will be especially grateful for that as he is the one that gets up with her in the middle of the night. Did you know I have the best husband in the world?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tell jack that i love it too! he is so handsome.