It's my favorite time of day! Especially when I can get them both down at the same time...it's my little slice of heaven. Not that it isn't lovely when they are awake, but when they are asleep no one is tugging on my leg when I'm in the kitchen, or asking me to play trains...AGAIN, or inspecting my toes, or watching me go to the bathroom. I love my children dearly, but I love alone time too!
Today we went to the park with Laura and Ben. It's a nice crisp day here and fun to be outside. Going to the park alone is no fun for me, so it's nice to have someone to talk to while the kiddos play. We came home, had lunch, read some books and off the kiddos went to bed. Ahhh...now I can indulge in computer time...
I have found a new obsession with Facebook. Some one stop me. It's addicting! I mean the flair alone can take an hour to mess with! Any who, I have seriously neglected this blog dear readers and I am ever so sorry.
Some quick status updates on the children:
Livie is over her nasty bout with strep throat, though she still follows me around like a puppy dog and screams instantly if she can no longer see me. Hoping this stage ends quickly as it wears momma out. She has 8 teeth and is pretty much strictly on table food. She hates the #3 foods and generally wants to feed herself any way these days. Today for lunch she had a few grapes cut into tiny pieces, a 1/2 piece of ham, and a bit of zucchini bread. She'll be one in a few weeks so I'm starting to transition away from the bottle and onto sippy cups. That resulted in a small melt down today at the park, but she drank at least 4 oz of the 6 oz bottle. She'll learn!
Jack hasn't had an accident for quite awhile and was SUPER excited about peeing on a tree at the park today (Ben did it, so Jack had to do it too). He opened up and dropped my hot pink nail polish on the kitchen floor this morning (and I admit, I freaked out on that one, but it wiped up with nail polish remover, and he apologized quite profusely). I taught him how to use scissors last week so that's all he wants to do now. We had a long talk about how we only cut PAPER, and NEVER hair...man I hope he gets that one down! Jack also wants to go to the beach something fierce. Scott was talking to him about how the beach has water and sand like his new sandbox and now he's all gung ho about going. He keeps saying "when I get a little bit bigger and Livie's not so tiny we're going to go to the beach!". Now I want to go to the beach... All in all, kiddos are doing great.
There, I feel like I've caught you dear readers up on whats been going on here at Casa Miller :)
2 comments:
i love naptime too. but, it's probably not the same when i'm the one taking the naps, right? it's a different kind of quiet time. :D
now i want to go to the beach!!!
Post a Comment