Thursday, December 18, 2008

I love my kids

Today was my nephews preschool Christmas program. I packed cups, snacks, toys and all the other fun stuff a mom has to take to go anywhere, bundled up the kids and off we went. We met up with the fam and sat through a lovely, and blessedly short, fun filled kiddie program. Both my kids were awesome. Jack found a new friend in one of the kids my sister is babysitting, ate a snack and clapped his little heart out for the kids. Livie sat on my moms lap eating graham crackers and basking in the attention (I swear she thought the applause was all for her!). Afterward the whole lot of us met up at McDonald's where my kids sat nicely and ate with NO PROBLEMS. Not even a peep or a whine. Hallelujah! They were mannerly! Now Jack was laughing his head off and having a lovely time with his cousin and the other kids, but if I gave him a direction, he followed it. Livie ate all her food, and some of Jack's, grinning at my mom the whole time. At one point my sister told Liv that she bought her a present and Liv's face just lit up in her "OHH" face. Way too cute :)
We came home, they were awesomely cute. Livie carried her blanket down the hall to me and went to bed, no problems. I read Jack his books and he went to bed, no problems.
I don't know what's going on, but I like it!! May it stay this way forever...

No comments: