Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Dark Ages

Oh, Livie. How I love that little girl. Her grin and giggles make my day. Her little dimple makes my heart melt. Her pretty blue eyes take my breath away. Her happy screech busts my eardrums...

And her new habit of hiding my remote controls drives me INSANE! She has lost TWO of them! The one for the living room was mildly annoying, but since we have the DVD remote that also works on the TV, we could live with it. The basic functions all still worked so we looked everywhere, but didn't freak. Until 10pm Monday night. That was when it got REALLY bad. We went to bed, only to find that the little booger hid that remote as well. We have a habit of watching a bit of TV before bed, and then setting the sleep timer so we don't wake up to the TV on at 4am. I don't like changes in my routine. I'm very much like an 80 year old man in that respect. We tore that room, and the house apart. At night. When we wanted to be asleep. This did not make me happy, but we dealt with it, thinking "I'm sure it's in one of their rooms and we'll find it tomorrow". No dice. I spent a huge part of yesterday trying to find that silly remote. The search was futile. When Scott got home he looked to, and was able to find the one for the living room (a small victory!), but still a no go on our bedroom remote :( Did I mention that I'm a creature of habit?

So today the kids and I are going to Wal-Mart in the snow so we can get a universal remote for the bedroom TV. I'm thinking about taking it out of her college fund...

I love my girl, and I hope this klepto phase is over soon!

No comments: