Tuesday, January 20, 2009

DOUBLE GROSS!!!!

Yesterday morning Jack woke up early as usual, and we ate breakfast as Livie was still quiet. At 7:30 she still wasn't making any noise, which is very unlike her. So I went in to check on her. The smell hit me first. Then I turned on the light. My little angel was sitting up and smiled at me. She was COVERED in dried puke. Her hair was full of chunks, her eyelashes were covered, her Glow Worm reeked, her blankets, walls, crib and floor also were destroyed. And I got to deal with it all by myself. Sigh.
So I ran a quick bath for her, gathered all the nasty bedding together and threw it in the wash and started bleaching everything in sight. I washed Liv's hair twice, drained the tub and started to dry her off. Her hair still smelled. So back in the tub for another 2 scrubbings. Her hair now smelled like coconut... and puke. I gave up for the time being and focused on the other cleaning that needed to be done. Soon the house reeked of bleach, but I'll take that over the other smell any day. An hour later I had done a load of laundry, washed Livie's hair 5 times, bleached her mattress, crib, walls and floor.
Then I get a phone call from my MIL. Scott's dad was supposed to pick him up from the airport that night (Scott was in Paris for a 5 day conference...more on that in another post), but my FIL was sick now also. So my MIL made arrangements to come over to watch the kiddos so I could pick up Scott without them missing their bedtimes.
Livie slept a ridiculous amount during the day, and ate and drank a very small amount, but never threw up again. She never acted like she was sick either. She has some drainage and has been coughing a bit. My theory is that she was coughing and it triggered her gag reflex. I feel bad that I didn't hear her, but she also didn't seem to mind. Crazy girl.
So all is better now, and Scott is finally home :) I'll have him post about his trip and show off some pics soon.

2 comments:

The Cooks said...

I feel your pain. Nothing is worse in my book than cleaning up puke! I think it's the smell that just does me in! Glad Scott made it home safe though!

The Millers said...

Tell me about it! If the kids are still well on Thursday we'll be there, otherwise I don't think it's a good idea :( I'll give you a call if we won't make it.