Thursday, August 27, 2009

Quotes of the day

My kids are on a roll today. Here are some of the oooohhh so lovely things they've said today.

Liv- pointed her finger at me and said VERY sternly, "Mommy, stop it". I was singing to theme song to one of their stupid cartoons and apparently she didn't care for it.

Jack- "Oh no, not THIS again!" After sitting down to the dinner I made. That I hadn't made in MONTHS. And then he proceeded to eat every bite. Grr.

Liv- We were out shopping today and she saw a lovely "lady" with bright pink hair. Liv stared at her in awe and said "Mommy, me peent (pink) hair too!" And then threw a 5 minute fit in the shopping cart when her hair didn't magically turn "peent".

Jack- "I am SO tired of taking a nap EVERY DAY!" To which I replied, "I'm so tired of this fight about taking a nap EVERY DAY!" He then slept for 3 hours.

sigh... Why are days like this always on days that Daddy comes home late?

2 comments:

Laura said...

LOL!! Those are great! Wanna hear one that I heard from the back of the van today?

"You can't tell me what to do with my snake!"

This of course refering to a toy snake. Still quite funny. ;)

Kari Jo said...

sometimes i think daddies have some sort of good luck charm that they are telling us about. nate got off work early yesterday so he could come home and handle nap time since i'm about to lose my last tiny little speck of patience with it. and guess what... the 'perfect little angel' had already fallen asleep without a fight by the time he got home. i've never been so excited and disgusted at the same time!!! :)
and.... why CAN'T liv have peent hair??!?