Thursday, September 17, 2009

Soccer!

We have officially entered the wild world of children's sports. Jack started soccer last week. Yikes. I'm not really happy about having a child with a schedule, but I'm trying to deal.
He's playing at the Y and I've learned several things:
1. The Y is cheap.
2. The Y's organizational skills are non-existent.
3. You get what you pay for!
I've had to find cleats, shin guards, socks, a size 3 soccer ball, and shorts in the past few weeks, with lots of help from Aunt Laura, the soccer veteran. This stuff is very confusing for me! I hate sports and have no idea what I'm doing. Alas, I shall learn!
Jack seems to like it, though he has NO IDEA what he's doing :). He gets out there are runs, but has no real desire to kick the ball, or follow it around. He's happy to just be out there being silly. Should be an interesting few weeks!

Luke, Ben and Jack in their soccer gear.

No comments: