Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Liv's check up

We went to see Dr Rob today for Liv's 2 year check up. Have I mentioned how much I love Dr Rob? LOVE HIM. Liv was a great sport and charmed Dr Rob, the nurses, and a student PA the whole time. She let the doc do his exam while patiently sitting there and giggled when he was checking her femoral pulse and leg movement. He was smitten to say the least. He even got a big hug out of it :)

Here are her stats:
Height: 34 3/4 inches (74%)
Weight: 29 1/2 lbs (82%)

The highlight of the visit was when the nurse was asking all the developmental questions:
Nurse: Does she walk up and downstairs?
Me: Yeah. A couple times a day.
Nurse: Does she jump and run?
Me: Yep.
Nurse: Does she know more than 50 words?
Me: I can't think of 50 words that she doesn't know.
Nurse: Does she use pronouns like Me or Mine?
Me: Oh yeah, got that one covered.
Nurse: Does she put 2 word sentences together?
Liv's response: "I go get Jackers from school. He my Bubby. We go upstairs".
Then she sang the alphabet song. No joke. The nurse laughed and said "guess so, huh?"
Needless to say, she passed that particular test.

We then had to wait a few minutes for the Flumist and 2 more vaccines. Liv was fine with the Flumist, and even held the bandaid for the nurse for the first shot. But by shot #2 she had enough. She cried until I got her pants up...about 4 seconds. Then she got a Barbie sticker and all was well :)

No comments: