So I made it over 4 years of Mommyhood without having to call poison control...that's pretty good right? Liv shot that record a few days ago.
I was making dinner and Liv was not 4 feet away in the hutch looking at some games. All of a sudden she comes running in saying "Uh-oh. I made mess. I touched mommy's stuff". I went to see what happened when the smell of cinnamon punched me in the gut. Seems my little angel had found a bottle of cinnamon oil (didn't know I owned such a thing), opened it up and spilled it everywhere. It was on the floor (tile thank goodness!), on her pants and on her hands. As Liv does when she gets upset, she then put her fingers in her mouth. Much sadness and burning of soft tissues commenced. Off to the bath we went. The oil had burnt her mouth and leg, so we had a LONG bath trying to get it all off. I had to hunt down the Poison Control number - though I now have it memorized! I talked to a very calm and lovely lady who said a bath and lots of "any drink she will consume quickly" would do the trick and to watch her for coughing, possible vomiting and diarrhea. Oh joy. So Liv got lots of hugs and her first cup of undiluted juice. That made her pretty happy :) All was quickly well, the burning went away, and she had no other side effects. She spent the rest of the night saying "My lips no hurt anymore! They all better!".
So if anyone needs to know, the number for Poison Control is 1-800-222-1222. :)
1 comment:
ah, yes... 800-222-1222... you made it 4 years???!! i made it only 21 months. :(
but i got good news when i called... regular clorox bleach is not toxic. who would have guessed!?
there is much more to my poison control phone call story, but i'll save that for another day....
Post a Comment