Friday, January 22, 2010

An ode to "craptastic"

I've decided that craptastic is my new favorite word. It's so descriptive. It flows off the tongue. It can mean a variety of things, and as long as they are "crappy", you're good to go.

Now why would I bore you with this little descriptive word? Let me share. "Craptastic" describes how my day has been so far. It started with the death of a friends newborn nephew. How incredibly awful is that? So I've spent the day trying to think of things that I can do to help even the tiniest bit for this grieving family, but of course, nothing seems like it's "enough". 'Cause you know me, I need to "FIX" everything. Sigh. And of course in pondering this all day, I wallowed around thinking of what I would do in that situation, which depresses the "crap" out of me. Then I get a call from my hubby who had a "crappy" meeting at work this morning and found out that due to SEVERE budget cuts the state has made in education, he may or may not have a job in the fall. They may, or may not be able to move him to the high school level, and NO ONE ELSE IN THE STATE is hiring art teachers right now. How lovely is that? Oh, and this is something that his school can't say if it is, or isn't going to happen, or even when they'll make the decision. SERIOUSLY? So we get to live in a state of insecurity for the next 6 months, not knowing if he'll be employed in the fall. That's "craptastic". So now we get to spend the rest of the evening making a Plan B, C, and possibly D just to cover ourselves in the event that Scott (and/or I) need to find other employment. "CRAPTASTIC"!

I was pretty upset about all of this stuff earlier today, but as the day has gone on, I'm feeling more at peace with it all. Yes, it's still "craptastic", but there's not much I can do about any of it. So I've decided to make the back-up plans we need to, pray a lot, and move on with our lives. We've always been fine, and my level of anxiety has never helped any situation.

That's where I am right now...ask me how I feel tomorrow ;)

I'm hoping it's not so "craptastic".

1 comment:

Angela said...

((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))
Been a long time since I was able to give you one in person, but hope this cyber hugs helps!

And I'm with ya on the no sun thing! raghhh! Today makes 9 days with no Mr Sun :(