Jack was sitting at the kitchen table painting while I was making dinner and we had this conversation:
Jack: I'm practicing so I can be an artist when I grow up.
Me: I thought you were going to be a fire fighter when you grow up like Todd and Captain Becky?
Jack: I'm going to be at the fire house on Mondays. I'll paint on Tuesdays.
Me: What about the rest of the week?
Jack: Well, on Wednesdays I'll be at the fire house again. And on Thursdays, I'll have a fun day, so I won't go to work. And on Fridays I'll go to Daddy's school and teach. 'Cause I'm going to be a teacher too.
Me: What are you going to teach at Daddy's school?
Jack: PAINTING! That would be perfect. 'Cause some people don't know how to paint. Some people don't know "water, paint, paper" (he works mostly in watercolors ;P). That's very important.
Me: So you've got this whole grown-up thing figured out, huh?
Jack: Yep. You know, it's really not that hard.
:) Remember when everything was that simple?
1 comment:
oh, is that all, jack? huh, what was i thinking before?! i love that kid.
Post a Comment