A I type, Scott is taking apart Liv's crib/toddler bed and assembling her new BIG girl bed...and trust me, it's BIG! I'm sure I'll take a million pictures and post them in a bit, with my new Nikon D3100 no less (Merry Christmas to me from Scott!), but for now,
I shall just muse about this milestone.
I should start out by saying that I'm a bit sad about this whole thing. The fact that my kiddos are big enough to not need a crib or toddler bed, EVER AGAIN, makes me feel old. Boo. I don't like them growing up, though I really don't want them to stay little either. Riddle me that Batman...
Any who, we aren't planning on having anymore babies, and I can now say that I'm totally fine with that (trust me, that took awhile!). The thought of having a newborn in the house again is not a happy one for me right now. Sure, I LOVE little babies! I love to cuddle them, and watch them coo and giggle...but I also like to sleep. I like only wiping my own bum in this house ;) I love that my body is ALL MINE again: no more nursing, no more weird pregnancy symptoms, no more wacko cravings and hormonal mood swings. I like that we can do things as a family that we could never do with a little one, or at least, not easily! But to say "we're done having kids" is a huge ending to a major chapter in our lives. And to SEE it happening by putting the crib away...yikes. I'm not devastated, or even depressed about it. It's just very real right now.
Huh, being a parent is full of weird emotions.
How come no one ever tells you that?
That you can be happy and excited, and at the same time sad and wistful?
Let this be a lesson to you non-parents. At least someone is telling you!
Anyway, back to the story. We have been talking about getting Liv a bigger bed for several months, but haven't really been in a hurry to do so, even though I bought the bedding for a twin bed close to 18 months ago ;P. I'm a planner, it was on sale...you know how that goes! Her room is SOOOO tiny and strangely laid out, that we were trying to figure out what would work best. I had thought that a white daybed would be cute and offer some storage underneath since her room severely lacks storage! But last week, a friend from high school emailed me some pictures of her nieces' bed and said that it was for sale...for $25. Hello! And, it's not just a normal bed...it's a loft bed. That is purple and green. That has a book shelf. That looks like a HOUSE. It even has a window box for goodness sake! So the fact that it's awesome, handmade by a daddy, and the right colors...oh, and CHEAP, was too good a deal to pass up.
It's been sitting on our back porch for a few days now, as I refused to mess with this until after Christmas! Liv is still unsure about it. She loves the concept of the bed and thinks it looks cool, but she's worried about it being "too high up" for her (and truthfully, I worry about her trying to get up in the middle of the night and falling out of it, or thinking she can climb it WITH her blankie!). She's been less than thrilled about it, but we're hoping she'll adjust soon. I think once she sees it and climbs up she'll be thrilled.
I think. ;)
You know she can be stubborn...a trait that she gets from her Aunt Laura.
he he heee....
So here's to hoping that this goes well today. That it fits in her room and doesn't make it feel claustrophobic. That she loves it. That there are no tears from anyone!
A few prayers in this en devour would be nice...
2 comments:
how does she like it now? oh, and nice move blaming her stubbornness on your sister. because you are not stubborn at all. nooooo.
love you!
So glad she seems to like it!
Post a Comment