Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Why I hate grocery shopping with a 2 year old...

Ok, normally Jack is very good at the grocery. I get him and Livie in the humongous cart and zip on through. Not today. Jack pitched a fit getting out of the car because he wanted me to get Livie out first (which is not the way I normally do things folks) and when I said no and unbuckled him, he flipped out. I had to drag him by the arm, screaming, into Meijer and into the huge cart. He was still screaming his way through the produce section and only stopped when we were at the meat counter where he wanted a piece of cheese. Then he started in again on how he wanted to go home, NOW! (insert mini-man attitude here). Needless to say, I am not happy about this whole trip. Then as we were checking out, he tries to spin the bagging wheel and I said no, so he starts SCREAMING again. I swear, I have never been embarrassed when he has had melt downs in public before, but this one was AWFUL! I was SO done with this kiddo folks. We get out to the car and I carry him, still screaming, to his seat and wrestle him in. I tell him his behavior is unacceptable and that he needs to apologize to me. Finally he does this and promptly falls asleep. When we get home he wakes up and says "I'm sorry I yell at you momma, I love you" and gives me a big hug. This is why he's still alive dear readers...God made him cute for a reason.

Of course then he says "did we get any cookies momma?" Umm...no. Sigh...

At least the rest of the day has gone well! Livie slept well and Jack is still down for his nap as I blog, so that's lovely. I had a long conversation with my friend Kelly who just had her second daughter on Friday (Hello Shelby!), and I got to eat lunch without anyone wanting to "share with me". Bonus.

Off to play with the littlest. She's talking to her blocks right now and it's cracking me up :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blog-sphere! i'm so excited to have another medium to stalk you in. you know that it is fun to stalk your friends' blogs. i guess that i should update mine more often. i'll work on it.
anyways...good luck and have fun!