Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Picture day...the HORROR!

I hate picture day. I think about it way to much, I do all the laundry (Scott does the ironing :), I pack everything up, and I make an jerk out of myself trying to get assorted little ones to smile. I hate it.

We went to Sears this morning to get 9 month pics of Olivia and tried to sneak in a few with Jack as well. We get there at 10, our appointment time, only to have the old guy at the automotive section say that "it's not quite 10...". Yes it is, and I'm going in. We get to the portrait studio and the old lady at the eye place said "it's not quite 10 and no one is there". Again, my watch says it's 10, my cell phone says it's after 10. It's 10 people, our appointment was at 10! So we wait around for the photographer to show up, AFTER 10. We get the kids ready and Jack gives us a few goofy looking smiles that make him look special and decides he's done. Livie throws up on her dress and we go to outfit #2. She decides quickly that she wants momma to hold her so we try to do some pics with me holding her, but trying to be out of sight. After a half hour of calisthenics we give up and see what they have. Now we don't really like funny backgrounds,or a lot of "special effects" with our pics and we told the photographer this, yet it still takes her 30 minutes to get the pics "ready" and lo and behold, there are weird special effects and funny backgrounds. So we get to slog through all of that and finally find a few that we like. It then takes another 30 minutes+ to check out. It's now noon and I have 2 tired and hungry kids. Momma's not happy. Scott pays and out the door we go. We get everyone situated and I look at the receipt they printed out which does not have all the info I need (session #, roll id, etc for looking up the pics online). So I'm not happy and go back into Sears where I try and get this info from the photographer who is stunned that I need it. I've been getting pics done there for 3 years, I know what I need thank you! Then I ask her what time to pick up the pics on the 9th and she says "whenever Fed Ex drops them off". This is not an answer folks! I explain to her that I'm not coming at 10 if the pics won't be ready until 4. She's nuts and I'm just happy that we got a few livable pics. As soon as I can I'll post them.

Now I'm off to relax from this "adventure". AHH!!!!

2 comments:

Kari Jo said...

arghhh... picture day! i'm just glad eden isn't old enough to talk back about it yet.
and just a side note... let's pretend for a moment that they were right and it wasn't "quite 10" wouldn't you think they would be there at least, oh, say, 15 minutes early to get ready for the 10 o' clock appointment??? just a thought. but then, maybe that is just my 15 or so years of retail experience rearing its ugly head. i don't know....
just relax and rejoice that it is over (until the birthdays roll around)

The Millers said...

EXACTLY KARI!!!! Who strolls into work 10 minutes after there is a scheduled appointment??? AND she mumbled something about getting stuck by a train, as she set her McDonald's bag down...huh...guess she had enough time for a Mickey D's run, but not to be puntual for work...
How annoying!