Monday, November 17, 2008

Jack's First Movie

There is a tradition in my family that my grandma "Gee Gew" takes the kiddos to see their first movie. She took Laura and me, and Luke and Ben, so now it's Jack's turn. He's been seeing the ads for the second Madagascar (never mind that we never saw the first one!) and has said that he'd like to see it. Since he's potty trained now and listens pretty well, we thought, why not? Gee Gew has been looking forward to taking him out for this event and was waiting until he was ready. So today was the day.
I put Jack down for his nap early so he'd be able to stay awake for the movie. He woke up right at 2:30 and said "I went to sleep and my Gee Gew CAME!". He's been talking about this ALL DAY and he is SUPER excited! I took a picture to commemorate the event, got them in the car and off they went. Gee Gew was wondering what to give him for a snack since she knew we don't let him lave much sugar so she brought pretzels and some M&M's. She asked what he could have to drink and said that all of the drinks there have caffeine in them so she asked for a sippy cup of something since she knew we wouldn't like him to have that. So considerate :) I love my Gee Gew. Then she asked if she could take him to McDonald's afterward. What a HUGE day for him! Can't wait to hear all about it...but I'm a little sad that my baby boy is big enough to go to a movie! When did that happen?

No comments: