Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Our Trip

So the day after Thanksgiving our parents were lovely enough to watch our kiddos for 4 whole days so that Scott and I could get out of town! Where did we go you might ask? Well, the original idea was to go to the Bahamas on a cruise, but after checking that the only flight we would be able to get landed less than an hour before the boat left, that idea was left in the dust. Also, the high was going to be 70, and it was the kind of cruise where they tell you what to do and when which made it much less appealing to me. I think I may be to independent for that kind of cruise, and everyone knows how I feel about forced fun. Shudder.

So anyway, we went through many different travel scenarios. We thought about finding a concert we wanted to go to but no one we wanted to see had a concert in the continental US that weekend, unless we wanted to pay $400 for a Jason Miraz show where seating was general admission. Umm...no thanks. For that kind of money someone should carry me to my seat and rub my feet. We thought about places we want to go, but by the time we figured in flights and travel time, it left us with precious little time. So we scraped it all for a whirlpool suite at the Hampton Inn in Cincinnati!

Now, I know what you're thinking. You could have gone anywhere, but you went to Ohio? Yep, we did. Because we could get there in 2 hours, stay in a really nice room (did I mention the WHIRLPOOL tub in my ROOM!), eat out all the time, watch movies when we wanted, go shopping-all sans kiddos. That was the vacation part! We went to Ikea-which ROCKS BTW, Jungle Jims (the coolest, HUGE grocery store!), Dave and Busters (which had WAY to many kids and assorted annoying people), ate sushi and etoufee (but not together..eww), saw Twilight and the new Bond flick (hey, it balanced out). All in all, a great time was had by all. Jack is still talking about all the fun he had with his grandparents. We call it a little trial run for when we leave for 10 days this summer. Everyone survived and Scott and I were amazed at how that wonderful relaxed feeling quickly dissipated when we came back to the trenches. Sigh...there's always next time! But I liked getting away so that I could miss the kiddos. That was great :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IKEA is my favourite store EVER!!!

Angela

The Millers said...

Isn't it AWESOME? I need a new house so I can start over and redecorate!

Angela said...

We are headed there on the 20 Dec to start outfitting our house!