Sunday, January 25, 2009

The lazy bunch...

We had a late night last night. We drove to Louisville for Ella's first birthday party (big fun was had by all), then drove home. This was a LOT of time in a car! We got home around 11 and transferred the kids to bed, though Jack would NOT go to bed without reading books, going to the potty and brushing his teeth...he is a creature of habit.
So we all got to bed late, but everyone (Jack) was up before 7 as usual (again, creature of habit). This lead to an outburst before church from the eldest, but hey, kinda saw that one coming. After church we ate lunch and got ready for naps. After the kids were in bed, Scott laid down and fell asleep as well. FOR 4 HOURS. What a lazy bunch of people ;) I slept for a whopping 20 minutes (which I guess is as good as it gets these days...), then read the paper, created a meal plan and grocery list for the week, cleaned the house, did the laundry, feed the cows, mowed the lawn, repainted the kitchen...Had you going there for awhile didn't I? I did the reading and grocery stuff, then flipped channels and played on the Internet. And basked in the silence. I love that.
All in all, a lazy Sunday. We should have more of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen to lazy sundays!

Jessica & Mark said...

Your blog page looks so cute!! How did you do that?