Saturday, April 18, 2009

My kids are part fish

Today was the first day of swim classes, much to Jack's delight. Livie's class was first, so she and Scott went into the pool while Jack and I went to the balcony to watch. She did great and had a fun time splashing in the water with Daddy (she is on a MAJOR daddy kick this week). However, Jack and I were about to die. It must have been 90 in the balcony and we couldn't wait to get out of there. Jack was having a hard time being patient (he is my son after all ;), but as soon as it was his turn he was IN HEAVEN! He put on a bubble belt and jumped right in. He even jumped of the diving board and went WAY under. I love that he is a little fish that jumps right in and does it :) There were 2 little guys in his class that cried for 45 minutes straight. They were even screaming about taking a shower before and afterwards. I could not be the mother of those kids. It would drive me insane. I also don't think I would allow them to scream for 45 minutes without trying to intervene/comfort them in some way...but to each his own.

Livie hung out pretty well while Jack's class was going on, though she did try to follow him into the water several times. She even let some random mom hold her for a minute. She won't let my sister hold her half the time! Crazy girl. All in all, it was a great start to the beautiful weekend!

3 comments:

alley said...

if i recall correctly, you spent quite a bit of time in the pool at Mounds State Park during your childhood summers. maybe this is where your children get it. or maybe scott is part fish as well.....

The Millers said...

I was a little fish as well. And Scott was a lifeguard. And we did have swim class together in 10th grade...when we started going out...okay, I'm seeing a pattern... :)

alley said...

ahh, the little fish live happily ever after...