Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Taste Test Tuesday

Stacy, I thought of you when I tried a new recipe last night :) I had to revive TTT!

Here goes. I found a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip and since Scott has been craving some buffalo wings, I gave it a try.

Ingredients
5 chicken breasts, cooked and hand shredded
1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 cup blue cheese dressing (I used Aldi's $1.19!)
1 brick (8oz) cream cheese (again hooray for Aldi's $.79!)
8 oz shredded Mexican/taco cheese
corn chip scoops
celery sticks
Preheat oven to 350. Melt cream cheese on a low flame in saucepan. Add dressing and hot sauce and stir until well combined. Stir in chicken and then pour into a 13x9 pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately with celery and corn scoops.
(You can also do this in the crock pot!)
This one got RAVE reviews here at Casa Miller. It was spicy, but not overwhelming and it was THE BEST with celery sticks. It really tasted like buffalo wings dipped in blue cheese. Tasty good people!! I will make it again, and again, and again...

3 comments:

alley said...

okay, dumb question: what do you do with the chicken? do you mix it in with the rest of the dip? i may just be having a bad brain day and couldn't quite read the recipe correctly. it looks good, and kyle LOVES buffalo wings. i'll have to try this sometime soon.

The Millers said...

Sorry, mommy brain hit hard today ;) I fixed it! Stir the chicken in with the cream cheese mixture. Silly mommy...
Kyle will love it!

Angela said...

I love Aldi for the types of stuff you mentioned! I have started shopping there more too :)