Sunday, June 21, 2009

Leaving...on a jet plane...

Scott and I are in the final preparations for our trip! We leave on Monday afternoon for Paris, and will be back early morning on the 2nd after going to Rome, Vatican City and Florence :)

We're a little bit excited.

And nervous about leaving the kiddos. Not that our parents won't do a fabulous job of spoiling...I mean taking care of...our kids. It's just that we've never left them this long, to go so far away. That's a bit nerve wracking. But as I compulsively make lists, everything should be in order ;) I've gone off the deep end here, but I want it to be as easy for the grandparents as possible. I've stocked the kitchen full of food (and left a list of possible meals/ingredients they have to work with). I've bought the kids little gifts for while we're away. I've made a list of what we usually do all day, ideas on where to take the kids if they're bored, medication dosages, and things to know about the kiddos. I've gotten medical release forms signed and notarized, their shot records put together, insurance cards ready, and $ just in case. I've made lists of numbers they might need to call, our itinerary is printed out, and everyone knows where our wills, life insurance and safe deposit keys are. We've taught the grandparents how to use Skype so we can hopefully sync up and communicate that way as well.

And I know I'm forgetting something.

But I'm trying to get over it.

Wonder if I'll be successful?

1 comment:

alley said...

your kids will be fine. in fact, they will probably have a BLAST at "Camp Grandma."
You could possibly be forgetting something, but I highly doubt it. You are way too organized, and you are always prepared!
Have a wonderful trip. Don't fret about the kids too much, and try to focus on the fact that you will be in ITALY!