Monday, July 20, 2009

Miss me?

You did, didn't you?

So sorry dear readers for my hideous absence. You see, I went to Europe for 11 days (see www.europve.blogspot.com for details), missed my kids terribly and have thus spent the last few weeks going to the lake twice, doing copious amounts of laundry, listening to my daughter speak in sentences, cooking like a mad woman, frantically catching up on everything that is the Internet, and planning my sons 4th birthday party. We've had some stuff going on around here!

Currently, I'm fighting with my son who is refusing to take a nap that he desperately needs. He's been trying to skip naps lately, but this leaves him HIGHLY emotional and an all around pain in the behind. His new MO is to go to his room for nap, play around for over an hour, come out of his room 5-7 times, drive me insane, lose privileges (he has no more computer time today for instance) and then fall asleep. I'm over this little routine. On to the next phase please. And I'd like this one to include unfailing politeness and the ability to get along with his sister.

In Livie news, she is a talking machine! She says EVERYTHING! It's like it happened overnight. She also asked to go to the potty last week, and actually peed! She has since asked to go every day, but no more successes. Truly, I think she just likes to be naked. I'm going to have trouble with this one...

Scott is currently taking 2 college classes back to back for continuing ed credits. It's only 2 weeks, but the kids are already not liking his absence. It's going to be a long back to school process. He's also nursing a shoulder injury thanks to church softball. Apparently someone on the other team didn't get the message that it's CHURCH BALL and NOTHING IS ON THE LINE! Boys...I'm not sure they ever grow up. ;) He's recovering nicely and thank God for insurance!

I will try to be better about my posting and I'll get some more pics up soon.

1 comment:

alley said...

i missed you.