If you were one of those parents who got duped into buying Baby Einstein DVDs so that your child would become a genius, I've got a way to get your hard earned money back :)
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?&entry_id=50315
Seems those DVDs weren't as educational as they were made out to be. In fact, kids who watched them actually knew fewer words than their peers who didn't watch them. Who knew? I must admit that we own a few, but they drove me soooo crazy so we didn't watch them very much. Maybe that's why my kids won't stop talking... ;)
In the interest of being fair, my oldest nephew would only be calmed by these silly DVDs when he was a little guy, and he is now the smartest kid in his class (really he is, there were tests!). So they didn't hurt him a bit!
Anyway, you can get a refund of $16 per DVD (up to 4 per household), or any other host of exchanges. I'll be packing ours up for the cash. Nice way to get some extra Christmas bucks!
http://www.babyeinstein.com/(S(3qnoffi1whnnnt55h2ljk355))/parentsguide/satisfaction/upgrade_us.html
No comments:
Post a Comment