Sunday, December 6, 2009

COOKIES!!!

Saturday my mom, sister, and nephews came over for a cookie baking marathon. I used a new recipe for sugar cookies this time and while they tasted good, they WOULDN'T ROLL OUT! grrr... The dough was very soft and stuck to everything no matter what we did. So we got 2 nicely cut out cookies, then gave up and improvised (read: made circles and a very sad attempt to write the word SANTA in cookies. It was...rustic ;)

Anyway, my sis made snickerdoodles (one of Scott's favorites), and my mom tried a new recipe for cherry chocolate cookies which turned out to be very soft and yummy. At least one experiment worked...yes, I'm still bitter about the sugar cookies. I'm working on it!
We gave the kids the opportunity to ice and decorate the "masterpieces" that we had created. I think they liked it :) It was a fun time of too much sugar, coffee, and hot chocolate. I look forward to it every year!

No comments: