I came across this article this morning and thought I'd share. It's an article that "debunks" the myths of parenting.
You know the ones:
Never fight in front of your kids. Never lose it with your kids. Always put their needs above everything else. Never bribe. Always treat your children equally.
These are some of the "rules" that make me feel like a bad mom almost every day, because I'm bound to break one of them to get through the day. I have some how convinced myself that there are lots of moms who have it all together every day. They never raise their voices, they are always unfailingly patient, their children obey every request with a joyful heart, their houses are spotless, they never feel overwhelmed, they always have the answers... blah, blah, blah. Trouble is, I've never actually met any of these moms. But I know they exist because that is the ideal of motherhood, so someone has to have achieved it, right? Right?
Read the article, it makes some good points and lets you off the hook for being human with your kids.
Believe it or not, failing to be Supermom isn't a failure after all...
No comments:
Post a Comment