Friday, March 19, 2010

Jack's first bike


Last weekend, we took Jack to get a "big boy" bike. You know, one with 2 wheels (not counting the training wheels of course ). Gulp. This means he's not my little guy anymore. You know, the one that gave me all the gummy smiles, that used to fall asleep holding my finger while nursing, the one that threw up on me every day for MONTHS...sigh... He's now a big kid who is into Star Wars, Legos, Jason Mraz, and Hot Wheels. And now he has a bike.

I'm only a little sad...and I'll get over it.

Someday.

Anyway, we went to Toys R Us with Gamma and Pa Paw and picked out "the" bike. We had him sit on several, trying to figure out what size to get him, and looking at all the features. We finally settled on a super cool bright green one, because green is his favorite color ;)
And true to form, I had a coupon for 25% off! Whoo hoo!

(Rant: I hate it that there are only "girl" bikes and "boy" bikes. There is NO gender neutral one out there...at all. That means in a few years I'll get to buy ANOTHER bike just so it won't be traumatizing for my "princess" to have a "boy" bike. Oh the horror. I will say that part of the reason we went for the bright green bike is that I'm hoping Scott can "Tinkerbell-ize" it in a few years...is that so wrong? End of rant.)

Gamma and Pa Paw had to take it in their car as ours wasn't big enough to transport it AND the kiddos, lol. Scott spent a lovely evening putting said bike together, and viola! Jack has a bike! Just in time for 40 degree weather again. Indiana sucks.

No comments: