I have survived Day 1 of single mommy-hood. Today I have done 2 loads of laundry, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, entertained the children, taken them to the library, cooked, cleaned some, shopped, read 1,000 books, ate an entire head of cabbage (don't judge-we're swimming in veggies from the CSA!), made numerous forts out of the couch cushions, and played a ridiculous amount of games- including chess...8 times!
My in-laws came and took the kids out to dinner while I went to Kohl's and Old Navy. FYI- Old Navy has 50% off clearance so Jack is the proud owner of 3 new swimsuits @ $2.50 a piece and Liv got a new fall dress ($2) and a new swimsuit ($3). I don't have to buy them suits for YEARS! Hooray!
After successfully getting the kids in bed (go me!), Scott called to tell me an "amusing story". It involves watching a bear eat all his trail mix out of his pack while he was on a fire tower. Then he got off the tower and chased the bear away. Oh yeah, and they're camping there tonight. You know, where the bear is. He retold this story with great humor.
I do not share his sentiment.
sigh...
Off to play Harbor Master on Scott's i-Pad and watch the new season of Teen Mom, all while trying not to think about Scott sleeping with a bear lurking nearby.
Watch out.
It's going to be a wild and crazy night.
No comments:
Post a Comment