Today started very early...like 1 am early, when Liv woke up and wanted...something. It was 1 am. I have no idea what she wanted to be quite honest. She went back to sleep and that's all that mattered. Then 2:30 rolls around and Jack comes in to tell me he had a bad dream and fell out of bed, but that he's ok and he's going back to bed. I'm glad that he's fine, but man, it would have been great to learn that during breakfast and not in the middle of the night! They each got up one more time apiece and we started our day at 6:45 thanks to our neighbor with the motorcycle.
He's not getting a Christmas card this year.
After getting everyone fed and dressed, I took a shower and then promptly ran my foot into the door. Pretty sure I fractured at least one toe. It's swollen and painful and will feel great in my black kitten heels I'm sure. Boo.
That's how I roll.
sigh...
I gathered everyone together and stuffed some snacks in a bag to go to the free movie at the mall. We got there, had a bathroom break, and then preceded to sit with the city's finest for 45 minutes until they started the show.
Yes, it started late. Yes, it was crowded. And no, "Astro Boy" was not worth it.
But the kids got to eat M&M's (free at CVS this week!) and they loved the experience, so score some Mommy points for me!
We had lunch, played, and got ready for nap, which I needed more than they did! After Jack's "nap" he came out of his room covered in bright orange silly putty. So I spent 20 minutes scraping it off his clothes, and cursing the manufacturer. Grr.
Dinner went off without a hitch, but Liv was throwing some major fits while we were playing games this evening. Such is life with a 2 year old.
Everyone is in bed and I hope to get more sleep than last night! I just don't sleep well when Scott's not here, and apparently, the kids don't either. Hopefully all is well with him and I'll see him tomorrow night :)
2 comments:
Hang in there!
Hang in there! I don't envy single parents!
Post a Comment