Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 3

Whew. We are in the home stretch!
Today started early, but not as early as yesterday. I made blueberry pancakes and then prepared for a morning at the water park. We got there early and had it to ourselves for a while before things got too hectic. We even had time to play at the park for a bit before heading to the ever exciting McDs for lunch. Of course it was packed and we had to wait quite a while, but the kids were champs and did a great job.
Then it was off to the CSA (community supported agriculture) for our weekly veggies. We are now swimming in zucchini, squash, onions, cucumbers, green beans and tomatoes. Yikes. Between our garden and the CSA we have a ridiculous amount of produce! I need to find a way to can some of this stuff! Anybody have some more ideas for zucchini?
Anyway, at nap time, Jack told me that his ear hurt. So it was off to the pediatrician during walk in hours. We saw Dr Rob who pronounced a nasty case of swimmers ear brewing in his right ear thanks to copious jumping off the boat and jet ski at the lake this past weekend. Jack was SUCH a trooper. While Dr Rob was looking in his ear, he had tears in his eyes because it hurt so much, but he never cried out or said anything. So proud of my brave little guy. He got a prescription for ear drops and we were on our way. As I was putting in the first drops to his ears, his eyes started watering again but he said "it's ok, it hurts a lot, but I'll be fine". Such a sweetie that one! Liv laid by his head and messed with his hair saying "it's okay Jackers. They're just ewar dwops. It will feel better soon."
I will pause to say that I couldn't love my kiddos more in that moment.
Thank you God for sending them to me. Especially since I know I don't deserve them.
Anyway, day 3 is at a close. I've heard from Scott and he should be home in a few hours. Tomorrow night we're going to dinner and the Jack Johnson concert. It will be lovely :)
Thanks for listening to my whining ;P

1 comment:

alley said...

i used to have a recipe for zucchini-loaf. have you tried that?
hope the kiddos are doing well and jack's ear stops hurting him soon!