Today started week 2 of this whole school business. Everyone was pleasant and happy to get ready to go this morning. Special thanks to Liv for waking me up at 7:20. She is my little alarm clock ;) That and she can't reach the cereal so I have to make breakfast.
Jack was much more positive about school today. I think it helped that we had a fun weekend filled with lots of playing, rock climbing, church, and dinner with Grandma and Pa Paw. We read a book while waiting in line at parent drop off and talked about all the fun things that would be happening this week. His school is getting another K teacher on Wednesday, which should make his class list go from 37 to 22! A MUCH more reasonable number. Now maybe some actual learning can take place :)
In other new, Jack is actually READING now. Not just memorizing, or picking out a few words, he is picking up books, sounding out words and READING it! The week before school started we instituted Jack's homework time which is 15 minutes of reading a night. Imagine our surprise when he picked out a book he had gotten from the library and READ it to Scott! Craziness. My baby is growing up :(
Speaking of babies, no, there will not be a new one in this house, no matter what Jack tries to tell you! That boy has babies on the brain! Liv is starting preschool on Thursday. That means that this Thursday at 9:01am I will have approximately 2 hours and 29 minutes to myself! I can't decide if I want to go browse the shops, have a quiet cup of coffee, or sit on my couch rocking back and forth, basking in the silence. More to come as I figure it out ;P Suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment