Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I went on a hike


All right folks, be proud. I was a very good wifey and went on a 2.1 mile hike with my hubby, sister, BIL and nephew. In the woods. With ticks and mosquitoes and dirt. I'll pause here for the adulation...

Ok. Scott is into Letterboxing (www.letterboxing.org). This is basically a cool scavenger hunt where you get clues from a website that lead you to little hidden containers with stamps and ledgers in them. You have your own stamp that you stamp in the ledger, and you take their stamp and put it into your book. It's got everything he loves, art (in making the stamps), following directions, hiking, and assorted wilderness stuff. He has placed several boxes in the area that we stay in TN and wanted to place a few more (one in honor of our new little peanut). There is a hiking trail that leads to a big cave not far from where we stay so we chose that location this time. It was a VERY nice day, like mid 70's-rare for TN, so that was a huge factor in my participation :) I hate to go outside and sweat just by standing there. It irritates me, but this was actually pretty pleasant. However, the going up and down the side of a mountain - not so fun. But we did it, no one got hurt and then we all took showers...ah.

And here is a random shot of Pa Paw and Livie...'cause it's cute.










No comments: