So I'm a bit behind. Opps! Well, I guess I'll devote this week to catching up!
I'll start with Disney. It was awesome.
The end.
Ha ha haa!! You know I couldn't do that to you! So here's the run down:
The morning of the day we left, Liv had an ENT appointment to check out the status of her tonsils. The ENT was in there for all of 3 seconds before she pronounced that they were coming out, which BTW cost $250 for that pronouncement. Grr. So we set up her date for surgery...after I haggled with the nurse who thought that the DAY we got back from vacation was a great time for surgery...um, no. She then wanted to do it 2 days before Halloween. Again...no. We settled for later in the week and then she started spouting off about all the "instructions" for post op. Things like making her drink 2-4 oz EVERY hour for 10 days! She graciously said that I could let her sleep ONCE for a 4-6 hour stretch at night before then waking her up every hour again. Gee, thanks... So armed with that little tidbit of impending doom, I drove to Castleton to meet up with my dad who was getting the tires fixed on the car that he let us take to Disney (it was supposed to have been done the day before, but it wasn't done right and had to be corrected..good times). After getting the car, the kids and I ran home where I threw some food at them and proceeded to attempt to pack the Jeep up with all of our crap, I mean stuff. It's a good thing I am proficient at Tetris, as it definitely came in handy! I was sure I was missing something terribly important, but it was time to drive to Zionsville and pick up Scott so we could start our journey. Day 1 of driving went pretty well, with the usual "are we there yet" questions from the kids, and driving on twisty roads in the dark. We stopped for the night and started the adventure that is known as "sleeping in one hotel room with 2 kids who go to bed early and are used to sleeping by themselves". Oy is all I have to say about this. I slept with Liv, who is otherwise known as the bed hogging, cover stealing, and grandpa snoring 3 year old ;P Scott got the dubious honor of sleeping with Jack, who kicks and squirms all night. Good times people, good times. How do people with more than 2 kids do this? How do you work out sleeping arrangements then? As Jack would say "Yeeoowwsa-pants!".
Anyway, the next day was the long haul of driving a good 10 hours. All I have to say about that is, why do children pick an annoying sound or phrase and repeat it sooo often that it's like an ice pick in your soul? Anybody know? I had come prepared with little wrapped presents for each of the kids so every few hours they got something new to mess around with. That was a lifesaver for sure! As we were nearing Orlando, Scott realized that we were running low on gas. I mean low, and the Jeep graciously told us that we were 13 miles from empty, but by that point, we were on the route to Disney, and there was NOTHING around, I mean NOTHING. As we fretted about it, we entered the Disney compound (those of you who have been there know what I'm saying!). We were down to 6 miles when it appeared like a mirage in the dessert...a gas station! Scott relaxed and we were able to find out hotel! Success! And can I just sing the praises of the Garmin we borrowed for a minute? An absolute life saver that thing!
We settled down and made the plan of attack for the Magic Kingdom the next day, while trying to convince the kids to sleep. Our Disney adventure had begun!
No comments:
Post a Comment