Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2 at Disney

Day 2 of our Disney adventure took us to Epcot. I love Epcot, the different countries to visit, the "educational" aspect of it all...sigh :). The kids liked it too, but not nearly as much as I did! We started the day meeting some new friends.Mickey...

Minnie...

Donald...

And Goofy!
We had to wait in line to meet them, but it didn't take too long.

After we went on that, the boys ran off to get fast passes for Mission Space, taking all of our tickets (which are also tied to our meal plan) with them to get fast passes. It turned out that he and Jack could get on the ride quickly and they just stayed. So Liv and I wandered through Canada and Great Briton waiting for them. We went into a Twinnings tea shop to browse around and who did we meet? Mr Twinnings himself! He autographed some tea for me, and gave Liv her first sip of tea, which she loved. Not too shabby :) All the while, I'm hungry and I'm staring at all the lovely food vendors that are out and about for the Food and Wine festival that was going on. Did I mention that Scott had the food tickets? Talk about torture!

The boys made it back to us and we headed to France for a lunch of ham and cheese baguettes and chocolate moouse (which was as good as what we have had in Paris). I ran in to get the food since it was packed and Scott stayed with the kids. I get a text from him saying that he's not feeling well and is taking the kids to the bathroom. I find a place to sit and begin eating in wonderful silence, a situation that I hadn't been in for a very long time! As I'm enjoying myself, Scott is racing around Epcot with a double stroller and 2 kids trying to find a bathroom. I did mention that Scott hates roller coasters, right? And more than that, he hates the ones that spin around. They make him feel REALLY bad. Guess what ride he and Jack just left that was spinning everywhere? So when he comes back to me, he is pale as a ghost and feeling gross. Nothing a little chocolate mouse couldn't fix though :P

Soon we were on our way to more countries, eating our way around.

There were frozen lemonades,


cannolli in Italy,

a HUGE pretzel in Germany and many other goodies courtesy of the festival :)

I LOVE Epcot!

The kids played around and we made our way back to the hotel for dinner and a rest so that we could go back for fireworks that night.

That didn't turn out to be the best idea, as the kids were EXHAUSTED. Liv can't stand fireworks as says they are too loud so she was grumpy, and Jack could barely keep his eyes open. In fact, he looked like this by the time we got back to the bus!



All in all, a great day, and we aren't done yet!

No comments: